In the modern marketing world, we all understand that the only constant is change. Marketers, brand strategists/managers, creative content producers and media strategists must stay current, and engage in unconventional thinking to transform. To that end, AMA Los Angeles is pleased to announce our media sponsorship with The Un-Conference: 360 Degrees of Brand Strategy for a Changing World. As education is a central tenant of the AMA, we were intrigued and better yet, AMA members receive a discounted registration fee.
So What’s Unconventional About It?
For starters, only 50 marketers can register to participate. You read that correctly, 50, not 500, not 5,000. This limited access ensures each participant has valuable interpersonal time with other high-value people attending. In addition, the format upends the traditional conference approach of simply listening to speeches taking notes, and then the speakers leave the conference with no further interaction. That’s not the case with the Un-Conference:
- It’s a workshop-based, problem-solving format. The walls are down, there are no podiums or stages, there is no hierarchy – your uniform is jeans.
- The competitive learning format is fun, energized and impactful.
- The focus is on learning outcomes, not ticket sales.
- Everyone in the room is an expert and gains from the sum of the expertise in the room.
Is This Really a Big Deal?
Yes, it is. Your hosts for the 5th annual Un-Conference are The Blake Project and Branding Strategy Insider, and they have designed a uniquely powerful experience for brand leadership in the age of disruption. Past participants include AAA, Bayer, Bloomberg, Humana, Land O’ Lakes, Liberty Mutual, Pilot/Flying J, RJ Reynolds, TD Ameritrade, GlaxoSmithKlein, Wounded Warrior Project, Monsanto, Ogilvy, Kawasaki, GE and many more.
No Attendees. Only Participants.
The best pathway for learning is through participation, not observation. To do that, we’ll put you on a team of 10 and offer you opportunities to compete, lead and learn alongside other marketers in a unique environment. The challenges you’ll tackle are based on and influenced by the actual issues that you and other participants are facing.
Oh, and picture yourself here: The London Hotel in West Hollywood, May 1 – 3, 2017.
Topics include: Disruptive Marketing Trends, Building Emotional Connections, Encoding Brands In The Mind, Brand Storytelling, Brand Leadership, Digital Strategy, Customer Experience, B2B Brand Strategy and more.
Who Should Participate?
Marketing oriented leaders.
- Marketing professionals (brand managers, product managers, directors, vice presidents, CMO’s, brand strategists etc.).
- Advertising agency professionals (account executives, planners, creatives, agency heads)
Marketers facing brand strategy issues.
- Marketers seeking a competitive advantage.
- Professionals in charge of brand building, brand management, human resources.
- Professional brand consultants, digital consultants and researchers.
- Marketers who prefer participation over observation.
- Marketers who don’t believe that last century’s format of marketing conferences advances them as leaders.
- Monday, May 1st – Kickoff Mixer: 7- 9pm at The London Hotel Rooftop Pool.
- Tuesday, May 2nd – Day 1: 8am – 5pm, at The London Hotel / 6:30pm – ? Team building event and dinner
- Wednesday, May 3rd – Day 2: 8am – 5pm, at The London Hotel