Vice President, People & Talent
The Director of People & Talent is responsible for helping to find, develop, motivate, and retain talent at the American Marketing Association (“AMA”) Los Angeles. You will support the Board of Directors and team leaders, allowing the chapter to develop and grow quickly, working closely with the Executive Committee and the VP of Membership to interview, place and retain volunteers throughout the chapter year.
Additionally, he/she is expected to perform all the duties specified by the Constitution and Bylaws or those approved by the Board of Directors.
- Time commitment: 5 – 8 hours per week
- Report To: President
- Drive recruitment of the best talent, helping to resolve volunteer relations issues and managing programs that help develop talent.
- This position is a key strategic role in the chapter helping to grow the organization and allowing us to build a unique and strong people-oriented culture.
- Provide human resources support and consultation across the organization on the most complex issues while communicating value-add to volunteers through all messaging and/or campaigns.
- Act as a point of contact for all recruitment across the chapter.
- Oversee AMA Los Angeles job board (Community Brands) and leverage technology to drive additional revenue for the chapter and its partners.
- Manage and create job descriptions, working closely with the Executive Committee and Board of Directors to understand team needs while helping to optimize appropriate placements.
- Welcome in new volunteers and facilitate successful onboarding.
- Create and deploy recruitment campaigns and any other campaigns created for the benefit of the chapter and/or under the direction of the President.
- Participate in the development of the organization’s plans and programs as a strategic partner, but particularly from the perspective of the impact on talent / volunteers.
- Act as a liaison between companies of all sizes across Los Angeles and top marketing talent inside the AMA Los Angeles chapter.
- Identify and prepare a volunteer to fill this role the following year.
- Responsibilities common to all Officers and Directors.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in Talent Acquisition and/or HR/People Operations.
- Strong communication skills.
- Successful track record of recruitment and knack for talent development.
- Ability to coordinate the diverse efforts of the organization towards membership and volunteer growth.